|Created On: 6/4/2018 10:45:23 PM||Modified On: 6/4/2018 10:45:23 PM|
Option 1: Use wired internet by plugging in a cat5 or cat6 wired internet connection. The network must offer dhcp services that will assign the gateway with proper network settings.
Option 2: Use a WiFi network that is secured using either the wpa or wpa2 security protocol and manually enter the SSID and password into the gateway using the steps below. The WiFi network must offer dhcp services.
Option 3: Use a mobile network provider jetpack/router that is secured using either the wpa or wpa2 security protocol. Most jetpacks provided by Verizon, AT&T, etc., are preconfigured with an ssid and password but it is recommended that the default settings are changed before putting the device into use. If the jetpack is plugged into one of the gateway's usb ports for power, as opposed to being separately plugged into a power outlet, verify in the jetpack’s options that it is not restricting access to just the usb tethered device. Once the SSID and password are configured you must manually enter the information into the gateway by following the steps below.
When using options 2 or 3 follow these steps to configure your wifi connection*:
1. Plug a monitor and keyboard into the gateway and press the power button (on the wire)
2. At the login prompt enter the username of “mad” and the password of “mad”
3. Enter this at the command line (replace YOUR_SSID and YOUR_PASSWORD with your info)
4. ./madwifi ‘YOUR_SSID’ ‘YOUR_PASSWORD’
5. Press the Enter/return key
6. Reboot your router with the command “sudo reboot” and press the Enter/return key
7. After restarting the gateway it should connect to your wifi network
8. Mount the gateway in its desired location (the keyboard and monitor are no longer required)
9. Register your gateway using the M.A.D. app or at https://Portal.MoldAndDieMonitor.com
* Advanced configurations are available by contacting MAD Monitor technical support